Create ProtonMail Acount Login and Logout
What is ProtonMail
Every day, more and more users are interested in taking advantage of online services that protect their privacy and give their online information proper importance. Regarding email, ProtonMail is the platform that does this for emailing, by keeping personal data completely, accounts and messages confidential, encrypted and safe.
In details, ProtonMail is an end-to-end and zero-access encrypted email platform on the client side based in Switzerland, which thanks to these architectural features and location provides a high security and privacy level.
With this platform, accessing, selling, recollecting, tracking and monitoring users´ online personal information is almost impossible. Therefore, third parties and governments gaining access for profit and surveillance purposes is not on the table.
How to create an account in ProtonMail
ProtonMail is an encrypted email platform with end-to-end and zero-access security technologies, along with other protocol and hardware-based features that protect users´ personal information.
Since there is no tracking or IP logging and access is so restricted, targeted ads is not something to deal with or third party monitoring, and privacy is guaranteed even at a legal level. This is due to the fact that ProtonMail is based in Switzerland and EU and the US government have no jurisdiction.
But, how to create an account in ProtonMail to actually use the service? Here are the easy steps to follow
Steps to create ProtonMail account
For you to be able to get advantage of a ProtonMail account and have a completely private email solution, you need an account:
- To start, open a new window or tab on your internet browser of choice. Locate the URL bar usually placed on top of the screen and enter the URL address: “www.protonmail.com”. the ProtonMail homepage should appear.
- Once the homepage is loaded, to start the registration process click on the “Sign up” button located on the top right corner.
- By doing so, the platform will show you the four types of ProtonMail accounts available. Three of them are paid accounts with specific features: “Plus”, “Visionary” and “Professional” while the first one is a free option with limited characteristics.
- To complete the process, let´s click on the “Free” option and in this way get the account. Users can change the account type and enjoy more benefits down the line.
- By clicking on it, the platform displays the advantages of the account. In this case, features are: 500 MB of storage, limited support and 150 messages per day. Click on “Select free plan” to continue.
- The registration process should start with the platform asking for the next information: username, password and repeat password. Fill in the blanks with the requested information and click on “Create account”.
- If the information is valid, the platform will ask for a recovery method in the next screen. You can choose between phone or email as recovery method. In case you do not want to set this parameter, you may click on “Skip”. If you actually enter a recovery method, click on “Next”
- Now, as last step ProtonMail will ask you to enter a valid email for a one-time only verification, since the platform request knowing if you are actually a human. Enter the email address and click on “Get verification code”.
- In this last page, the platform will ask you to enter the coded received in the email account you enter previously. Click on “Verify” and if the code is correct, your ProtonMail account should be all set and ready to use. Your inbox will appear in a few seconds.
ProtonMail Login and Logout
With ProtonMail, confidentiality and privacy are guaranteed in terms of messages and personal information a service of this type may have. For instance, every email is end-to-end and zero-access encrypted, including also hardware level protection and other protocols that guarantee complete security, confidentiality and impossibility of third party.
Not even Protonmail has access to the customer´s emails and IPs are not logged or track at any given time.
To be able to enjoy the benefits provided by ProtonMail, you need to have an account and log in to access your inbox. This is very easy by carrying out the next steps:
- To begin with, you need to access the ProtonMail website to use the platform. To do it, open a new tab on your preferred internet browser and enter the URL address: “www.protonmail.com”. make sure you use an up-to-date browser.
- Now that you are on the homepage, click on the “Log in” button located on the top right of the layout, next to the “Sign up” option. In case you do not have a ProtonMail account, click on this last mentioned to start the registration process.
- Immediately, the Sign in screen will be showing requesting access credentials. Introduce your email address or username and your password. Click on “Sign in” to finally open session and have access to your inbox.
- If credentials are valid, your inbox will be ready in a few seconds to check your new messages.
If you are using a shared or public computer, it is recommended opening session by using a private window on the internet browser or enable guest mode.
Protonmail Sign Up
Signing out or closing your session on ProtonMail is even easier than logging in. It is recommended signing out in case we are accessing from a public or shared computer or device. In order to sign out, follow the next process:
- Within any screen on your inbox, click on the account button located to the top right corner. This button has our initial name letter or our personal profile photo and by clicking on it a small menu will be displayed.
- The last option respecting this small menu is “Sign out”. If you click it the session will be closed and to access again, credentials will be required again.
As mentioned before, in order to sign in and check your inbox and have a related ProtonMail account, you need to complete the registration process by signing up first. In case you have not, click on “Sign up” in the ProtonMail homepage to start enjoying a private email solution.