How to log in and sign out on ProtonMail
More and more people are becoming aware of the importance that confidentiality has online, as something that seems negotiable for many services and internet companies, and even the users.
Unfortunately, this translates into losing privacy as a right and civil liberty when third parties have access to our very emails and private messages. This is not the case with ProtonMail as platform developed under the opposite approach.
With ProtonMail, confidentiality and privacy are guaranteed in terms of messages and personal information a service of this type may have. For instance, every email is end-to-end and zero-access encrypted, including also hardware level protection and other protocols that guarantee complete security, confidentiality and impossibility of third party.
Not even Protonmail has access to the customer´s emails and IPs are not logged or track at any given time.
To be able to enjoy the benefits provided by ProtonMail, you need to have an account and log in to access your inbox. This is very easy by carrying out the next steps:
- To begin with, you need to access the ProtonMail website to use the platform. To do it, open a new tab on your preferred internet browser and enter the URL address: “www.protonmail.com”. make sure you use an up-to-date browser.
- Now that you are on the homepage, click on the “Log in” button located on the top right of the layout, next to the “Sign up” option. In case you do not have a ProtonMail account, click on this last mentioned to start the registration process.
- Immediately, the Sign in screen will be showing requesting access credentials. Introduce your email address or username and your password. Click on “Sign in” to finally open session and have access to your inbox.
- If credentials are valid, your inbox will be ready in a few seconds to check your new messages.
If you are using a shared or public computer, it is recommended opening session by using a private window on the internet browser or enable guest mode.
Protonmail Sign Up
Signing out or closing your session on ProtonMail is even easier than logging in. It is recommended signing out in case we are accessing from a public or shared computer or device. In order to sign out, follow the next process:
- Within any screen on your inbox, click on the account button located to the top right corner. This button has our initial name letter or our personal profile photo and by clicking on it a small menu will be displayed.
- The last option respecting this small menu is “Sign out”. If you click it the session will be closed and to access again, credentials will be required again.
As mentioned before, in order to sign in and check your inbox and have a related ProtonMail account, you need to complete the registration process by signing up first. In case you have not, click on “Sign up” in the ProtonMail homepage to start enjoying a private email solution.